|3. Dem gets in cash mess with OCPF
According to the Telegram and Gazette Kevin Kuros' opponent has a brewing OCPF problem.
According to state campaign finance laws, candidates must report the name and address of individuals who contribute more than $50 in a reporting period. Further, the names and addresses of donors who contribute any amount in a reporting period must be maintained by the candidate, even if it is below the $50 reporting threshold.
Mr. Dubois, a former Blackstone selectman who works for the Worcester County House of Correction, reported a cash deposit on March 26 for $2,000, representing 100 tickets at $20 each for Taste of Italy, held in Blackstone. On April 28 he reported a deposit of $1,000, representing 50 tickets at $20 each for Bellingham Bash. And on June 10 he reported a deposit of $1,000 for 100 tickets at $10 each for Sunrise Breakfast, held in Uxbridge.
"We tried to get them to sign in but not everybody wanted to sign in," Mr. Dubois said yesterday.
He added that photos of the events on his website show many who attended. "I'm sure we can provide them (OCPF) pretty easily what they want. I'm sure there's no problem."
The law doesn't say if people don't want to give you their name and address you don't have to take it. The law states that you must get it.
4. Governor Patrick spends over 90% of MBTA emergency funds on Green Line Study
You remember back in the spring, don't you. When we were told if we don't appropriate an emergency $49M for the MBTA, the system would shut down? Well the Governor just decided how that $49M you gave him would be spent.
If you guessed that it wouldn't be spent on services, you'd be right. Over 90% of that money is being spent on a "study" for the Green Line extension. The Patch is reporting.
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Board of Directors, meeting in Somerville, authorized a $45 million contract for design of the Green Line Extension.
"This is actually beginning to put meat on the bone," said MassDOT Secretary Richard Davey after the vote, speaking about how the design effort will progress with the contract in place. "It's a great step forward for the project today," he said.
The contract, awarded to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. and HNTB Corporation, is for advanced preliminary and final design services on the Green Line Extension.
HNTB by the way are the guys that built Camden Yards.
5. Brit paper reports Libyans gave US 3 day advance warning
As usual it takes reading the British newspapers to find out what is really going on in the United States. The Independent is reporting that the Libyan government gave the Obama Administration a three day warning of the attack on Benghazi.
American diplomats were warned of possible violent unrest in Benghazi three days before the killings of US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three members of his team, Libyan security officials say.
The claim came as the country's interim President, Mohammed el-Megarif, said his government had information that the attack on the US consulate had been planned by an Islamist group with links to al-Qa'ida and with foreigners taking part.
However, the American ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, insisted that the killings had resulted from a demonstration against a film about the Prophet Mohamed, replicating protests in Cairo, which had been "hijacked" and got out of control.
The Independent has reported diplomatic sources who said that the threat of an attack against US interests in the region was known to the US administration 48 hours before it took place. The alert was issued by the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, but not made public. A State Department spokesman maintained: "We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the US Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent."
Why is the American Media protecting this administration?