|It's odd that threats are being used to intimidate a journalist, don't you think? The cuts seem hardly worth the trouble. After all the cuts are only 2.3 percent cuts, and all working Americans have suffered that already with the reimplementation of the social security tax. Rich people have suffered larger tax increases as well, so why can't the public sector share a bite of the sh*t sandwich? Let's also remember that all public union hacks got a fat raise and bonus through the stimulus spending programs over the last 4 years...Obama takes care of his own...
Listen, if all the important programs the government funds comes out of that last 2.3 percent of the operating budget, then why not leave that 2.3 percent there and cut the rest of the 97.7 percent of the budget. Is Obama so thoroughly incompetent that he can't send a directive for this to effect only non-vital programs? Do the cuts need to severe the very lifeblood of our government? Of course not.
Now, the cuts won't really effect anyone that you know. Though the President claims the cuts will force the loss of 750,000 jobs it isn't true. The Bipartisanpolicy.org claims there would be 1 million jobs lost, and the study at George Mason University claims it could be as high as 2 million jobs. All of this is crap, pure and simple. I guess one way to find out how many jobs it will truly cost is to let it happen and count the dead. That was Pelosi's approach to passing Obamacare, so why not do it here?
Alex Castellanos on CNN had an interesting view of the cuts.
As the clock ticks toward those mandatory budget cuts that could arrive on March 1, those listening to the news would think an asteroid is about to hit planet Earth.
Our Defense Department tells us our Defense Department can't be cut or the world will end.
Our first responders tell us our first responders can't be cut or the world will end.
Our National Park Service tells us our National Park Service can't be cut or the world will end.
Our national parks were created to preserve nature, undisturbed by man. Now we are told that if we leave nature untouched, it will perish. When did the essential ingredients of biological existence become oxygen, water, sunlight and federal funding? Apparently, the Grand Canyon will cease to be a hole in the ground if the National Park Service loses a few cents of every dollar it has been given.
Yet, Obama continues to campaign across Washington and the nation to gain support for the prevention of the very program he wanted - Sequestration. What will we see next from Obama? Will Obama claim "For every $1 cut in federal programs a fluffy baby kitten will have to die!". Is that next? Are we going there?
Let the cuts happen! Let the federal government be forced, for the first time in my 50 years of life, to pull up it's big girl panties and act like a bunch of adults. Lee Iaccoca once said that 5 percent of any budget could be cut. Well he used that philosophy to revive Chrysler 30 years ago. Today, the federal government looks and acts a lot like Chrysler did back then. It is full of union hacks and lazy sit-abouts with big benefits and small responsibilities. Iacocca was able to save Chrysler because he could make sound business decisions and act like a man. Obama has neither the desire nor the ability to do that.
I hope the Sequestration goes into effect. I hope the cuts are broad and expansive, and the American people can look at it in hindsight and say "Gee, that wasn't so bad. Maybe more cuts won't hurt either."
There are only a few possible outcomes here if the Sequestration goes into effect. The cuts are mismanaged and vital elements of our federal government are compromised. That is when we have our proof that Obama has always hated this country from the start, and refuses to defend this nation. The second option is that the cuts are managed wisely and the pain is small. That is when the American taxpayers know that all the hype of pain was a lie. It was all a hoax and a ploy to get people to hand over their money. So what will it be Obama? You have 24 hours to decide if America sees you as a traitor or a liar.
The best plan of attack is for the Republicans to do nothing. They passed 2 bills to redirect the spending cuts already and the Senate failed to act. Let the cuts go and Obama loses - the only question will be how big...